Friday, May 24, 2013

Final Video Submission and Skype Experience

Who knew that Skyping could be as much fun and informative as it was during my first experience.  I was a little apprehensive at first, but once Joseph arrived and we began talking, it was as if we were old friends.  Margaret, Joseph, and I spend roughly 40 minutes discussing our video, the class overall, and solving all of the world's problems.  At the end of the discussion I had a better idea of who Joseph was and that his interest in instructional technology stems from the corporate aspect, whereas, Margaret and I are looking at instructional technology from a K-12 education perspective.

Using the advice I gained from my conversation with Joseph and using the initial rubric from Dr. Timothy Powell, I made a few changes to my first video.  I was able to find a short clip that discussed the definition of critical thinking and researched how to embed that clip into my video.  I am attaching the link to the entire video as I only used the section that I needed.  I will admit that I am still very new to video making.  For the knowledge that I entered this project with, I am very pleased with the finished product and hope that this stems more creative projects in the future, especially for my students in 8th grade Georgia History. Links and Resources Critical Thinking by Gary Meegan, http://youtu.be/ZLyUHbexz04

5 comments:

  1. I liked the added video link. It added a different dimension to your video. Another thing I liked was how you emphasized your point by adding print to the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,
    Thanks so much. Believe me, it took Margaret and I a lot of time to figure out how to embed stock video. I agree that the short clip adds a lot to the video. I think the transitions are still a little off, but I could not figure out how to change them. Overall, for my first video, I am very proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    I was impressed by watching your video. The images and text were very effective and the transitions were timey. I especially like the way you were technically assertive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice blog official i like it thanks for post.its very effective.
    Distance Education Courses

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really helpful article for students, Thank you for sharing this informative article.
    Distance Education University in India

    ReplyDelete